This is a special anniversary edition of the Clarke Original Tinwhistle to commemorate the birth of Robert Clarke in 1816.
It has the same conical body as the Clarke original, but in silver with a gold coloured medallion near the top of the whistle.
Clarke’s Original Tinwhistle is still produced in essentially the same way as Clarke’s first whistle made in 1843.
It has a tapered metal bore to bring the finger holes closer together and to increase the range and make the whistle more accurate in the upper registers.
The sound is difficult to describe in words, when comparing it to a plastic top whistle, but most people would say it is more musical, mellower, and has a little more character.
- Special Anniversary Edition
- Historically Correct Tinwhistle with Wooden Mouthpiece
- Mellow, Melodic, Slightly Breathy Sound with Good Volume
- Excellent Choice for Both Beginner and Advanced Musicians
- Tapered Metal Body
- Fingering Chart, Song Sheet and Box Included